Wednesday, March 10, 2010

"Corporate Carnivore" - Rachel Noyes


Rachel Noyes


Project Concept 3D Design


“Corporate Carnivore”


3/10/2010




So my idea for this project was to make something that a big company would be


selling ironic. I love books so that is why I chose to work with that ,and all types of


people seem to look at books, not everyone looks at say, a toy section. The book that I


re-did I entitled “corporate carnivore” and it was done in the cautionary colors black and


yellow, on the front it features a zombie done in all black wearing a walmart vest, which


is where the book was bought and replaced. The walmart zombie idea came form the


MADtv skit that featured all of the workers at walmart as evil zombies that wanted to


take over the world. So i thought that it was only fitting that I put this as the cover to my


book. I also loved the idea that walmart would be selling a product that would totally diss


them in every possible way in a 500+ page novel. When I had to place the book back


into the store I was so incredibly nervous so the photo was not a very good one.The


process of making the book was easy, but it was time consuming. Firstly I bought a


book that had a cover on it so that i could remove it and paint it one solid color. After


about five coats of paint I was ready to put on the text “Corporate Carnivore “ which had


to be printed and than each piece of every letter had to be individually placed on the


cover. And finally I put on the zombie walmart worker and than it was finished, and after


a night of drying it was ready to be dropped in the books section of walmart.

No comments:

Post a Comment