Wednesday, March 10, 2010

painted paper plates- Eric Hays

My idea for this project was to show how interesting or beautiful things can be found all around even in the strangest places. For my project I used two old paper plates that I had been using as painting pallets that i had wanted to make a project out of, but had not yet found one until we were assigned this shop and drop project. I took the colorful paint covered paper plates to a fry's grocery store in my neighborhood and put them inside of the bags of paper plates that were for sale. I thought it would be funny to so this because in a grocery store people are often in a hurry to get out or have other things planned that they are in a rush to get to, so hopefully they will just grab the paper plates put them in their cart and be on their way. Even if the cashier notices on the customers way out the point will still be made that interesting things can be found anywhere. I liked this idea because I always like to gather inspiration from daily life such as trees, people, symbols, logos, etc. Maybe the paper plates will inspire someone else or make them more aware of looking for things that are unusual or just make you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment