Monday, October 25, 2010

Shop Drop


This is the original item that I found at Target. It is like many other frames with a happy "perfect" family, so I wanted to change the "perfect" into the imperfect. As consumers we want to see what is ideal and that helps trigger our brains into wanting to buy that item. I think a picture is the perfect way to show this because pictures do not always tell the whole truth. Just because someone is smiling in a picture does not mean they are happy. So in my modified product I photoshopped the mom and the dad to not look so "perfect" I added bigger noses, bigger ears, larger chins and not so perfectly manicured eye brows to show that not everyone that will put their photos in this frame are models. I also took out the little boy and added an African-American child. I did this because I wanted to show that every family is different, maybe the dad is not the biological father or maybe neither parents are the boys biological parents. Not every family is so definable and I think that needs to be shown in advertising.

No comments:

Post a Comment