Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Stop Animal Testing- Abigail Munoz


At first I did not have an idea of which object to use for the project. So, what I did was to write all my different ideas, and after thinking a while, I came up with the idea of using a white shirt as my object. Then I thought that I would like to use strand, fabric paint, and buttons for the details. My friend and I went to Target, and there I found the perfect shirt. After I had all the material I started sketching, and looking for things related to my message. After that, I began to weave my idea on the shirt. It is really hard to make things with strand. I had to practice first in order to make something really nice with strand. The message behind my piece is to stop animal testing. Nowadays the use of animal for medical research is very common. I against that, I am a person that loves animals and thinks that animals also have feelings just like us and deserve to be respected. Scientists and clinicians should look for another way to obtain successful results and to stop using animals. On my shirt I demonstrate a doctor injecting a monkey. The monkey is scared and yelling for help, but nobody was there to help him. On the top right side of the shirt I placed the stop symbol and I wrote animal testing inside. Finally, on the right sleeve I embroidered a circle with an opposing sign of a rabbit meaning to be against the testing of animals such as rabbits. I just used fabric paint for the words and the clothes of the medic. I used strand for his face and the rest of the shirt, and buttons for the eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment