Tuesday, October 26, 2010


I forgot to take a picture of the original doll before altering it and at Target, I got the last doll but this is how a normal bratz doll looks like.






















Side angle to show the alterations.










































































Doll inside the box






































At first I was planning on taking a mechanical dog and shave off the fur so I could say something about animal abuse, but since those were 50 dollars each, I did my second idea. I altered a bratz doll to show the real teenager sort of thing. I made the doll pregnant and smoking. It even comes with her own pack of cigarettes and a bottle of beer. The reason my I chose the bratz doll was because it seemed like the most stereotypical teenage girl, or what other people think a teenager idealy would look like. I changed it to pregnant because this is was some teenage girls go through; many people don't choose not to think about that. I also made her smoking and drinking because these children are having children; I feel like these young mothers wouldn't know right from wrong since they are still learning how to take care of themselves. I feel like did this approach so stereotypical, having only one view of the pregnant teenager but I think this idea has been over looked.
I made the belly out of a piece of balloon and just stuffed it with balloon and some parts of a plastic bag. There are stretch marks, made by marker. The pack of cigarettes is made out of paper; the beer bottle is of pipe cleaners. I also cut her hair, to make her a little gross looking. I cut off her arm and re-attached it so it can look like a real pregnant girl, grasping her belly for stirdiness. I gave her tattoos on her chest and ankle to make her more ordinary. I have also altered the box. The motto for the Bratz line states: Girls with a Passion for Fashion. I made somewhat of a new line: Introducing: the NEW Passion for Fashion, suggesting there will be new models of the dolls. On the side of the box, I stated what also comes with the doll, accessories: Including: Cigarettes and Beer Bottle, printed on a cut out heart, to just seem like this maker would make it girly.

No comments:

Post a Comment