Monday, October 25, 2010

Shop and Drop



I wanted to utilize my knowledge of photoshop in this project, so I decided to use a picture frame and change the generic picture that they include to something that looks like it belongs on the shelf, but if you look a little closer you realize it is in fact entirely opposite what the company would ever want to say about themselves. So I went to Wal-Mart and made sure to pick out a frame that was made in China, and then scanned the generic picture and altered it in Photoshop. I wanted to explore the expanding globalization of many U.S. companies, specifically Wal-Mart, and portray how it hurts not only the U.S. workforce, but basically everyone involved, specfically the children workers. There was alot more I wanted to do with the finished picture, but in the end decided it was better to keep it simple because I wanted the piece to be subtle, and really look like it came from the factory, but at the same time cause the viewer to have a double take on it, and inspect it closer due to the content.

No comments:

Post a Comment