Monday, October 25, 2010

Shop Drop Project

My personality and identity come from things, people, and places in my life that are very important to me. For my shop drop project I chose to use a simple 5x7” black frame and “transform” it into a representation of things that are important to me (plus some things that I really like). On the frame there are logos for the Anaheim Angels, the Los Angeles Lakers, the Los Angeles Kings, my favorite TV show Glee, and Arizona State University. I also included a picture of a camera, a Santa Claus hat, a music note, a quote I love that says “Live Love Laugh,” and words saying “family” and “friends.” I added the picture of myself to the inside because the things around the outside are all things that make me who I am. The picture of me is a print I made in my Photography class. I chose to use one of my prints because I made it (so it adds to the personal feeling) and because it is in black and white (which makes the logos, etc. on the outside of the frame stand out more). For my process, I thought of things that are very important to me (family and friends, photography, my favorite sports teams, etc.) and then printed out the logos or small photos to represent those things. I attached those and put the picture of myself inside the frame to finish it.

(Before -- simple black frame)
(After -- logos, etc. on frame)













































(In store -- with other frames)

No comments:

Post a Comment